Sunday 12 July 2015

The ticket of shame

I don't use public transport unless I have no other choice. Heavy rainfall in the area of Saxony locked me down in Leipzig Airport, where I slept the night in the chapel. Uncomfortable.

The A3 is closed off from one side due to a traffic accident so there were very few cars coming by. Unable to get a ride for two hours and wanting to reach the Czech border by nightfall, I had two options: walk 25km through countryside or pay €4.30 and take the train. Since it was a combination of bad planning on my side and bad weather, I bought my first ticket of the trip. It feels terrible.

I could have bought a pair of shorts with that money, guess its jeans until I reach a city. To discourage messing up, I'll be walking the next time this happens.

About €15 left and just spent two days in Prague. I promised a friend I'd mention him so Kappa. A few people have asked me about fear and uncertainty, I'll write about that when next I have a chance to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment